Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Legacies Reborn!
WE ARE OPEN
~1000 Members and Counting~

Story/Plot

Go down 
+2
Zancrow Miyazaki
ODa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ODa

Story/Plot 8wKG0sB
ODa

Ninja Info Card
Ryo: 0

Story/Plot Empty
PostSubject: Story/Plot   Story/Plot Empty4th January 2018, 8:12 pm

Last but certainly not least.

A pretty touchy subject.

Any thoughts?

What would you as a member enjoy? How much nudging/support from the staff would you like to see?

What makes it all worthwhile? Rewards and cool things that are shiny and elusive? Or the story and development that gets your mind racing as you figure out how your character will react next?

Maybe it’s both?

ODaddy

What would you like to see from us?
Back to top Go down
Zancrow Miyazaki

Story/Plot 8wKG0sB
Zancrow Miyazaki

Ninja Info Card
Ryo: 760,000

Story/Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story/Plot   Story/Plot Empty5th January 2018, 11:59 pm

Plot ideas can vary, I'm sure everyone will contribute something that could be integrated into one huge idea. People would have a much more fun time exploring the plot if they know they have had some hand in formulating it. I think a good plot to focus on could be that the current IC world is just reeling from a Shinobi World War. Tensions are still there and X-gakure no Sato is the victorious village. Could lead into other things like the formation of the Akatsuki at some later point, idk
Back to top Go down
Uchia5evah

Story/Plot 8wKG0sB
Uchia5evah

Story/Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story/Plot   Story/Plot Empty6th January 2018, 12:16 am

Usually, it has been player-driven interactions which add flavor to the site and its narrative space. The conversations that players undergo creates a greater impact in terms of character development than some grand sweeping melodrama - regardless of how well written it is.

Provide a backdrop, color the world in how you like it. But also give the ability to the players to make changes to the world. A Kage wields substantial clout in regards to the amount of change they can produce, whereas a Genin is limited to (more or less) the reach of their hands.

Everyone looks to differentiate themselves in my eyes, and it has been the opportunities that plots allow to stand out that really make a difference. My two cents.
Back to top Go down
Murderous Nero

Story/Plot K22nFUP
Murderous Nero

Story/Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story/Plot   Story/Plot Empty6th January 2018, 9:26 am

Best thing to start at would be the time period that the site will restart at so we know what has happened and what can be used for our character history. Plot would be nice to do as missions or events; it would be nice to have two types of plot village and world plots.
Back to top Go down
Zancrow Miyazaki

Story/Plot 8wKG0sB
Zancrow Miyazaki

Ninja Info Card
Ryo: 760,000

Story/Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story/Plot   Story/Plot Empty6th January 2018, 12:55 pm

Murderous Nero wrote:
Best thing to start at would be the time period that the site will restart at so we know what has happened and what can be used for our character history. Plot would be nice to do as missions or events; it would be nice to have two types of plot village and world plots.

Village plot and world plot looks like a wonderful idea, giving people ample ability to interact with those in their own village and with the rest of the world in healthy and engaging opportunities

Uchia5evah wrote:

Usually, it has been player-driven interactions which add flavor to the site and its narrative space. The conversations that players undergo creates a greater impact in terms of character development than some grand sweeping melodrama - regardless of how well written it is.

Provide a backdrop, color the world in how you like it. But also give the ability to the players to make changes to the world. A Kage wields substantial clout in regards to the amount of change they can produce, whereas a Genin is limited to (more or less) the reach of their hands.

Everyone looks to differentiate themselves in my eyes, and it has been the opportunities that plots allow to stand out that really make a difference. My two cents.

So what you're saying is to have a way for there to be a very obvious and present plot, but allowing it to be malleable and subject to change by the impact the PC characters have on the IC world?
Back to top Go down
ODa

Story/Plot 8wKG0sB
ODa

Ninja Info Card
Ryo: 0

Story/Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story/Plot   Story/Plot Empty6th January 2018, 3:23 pm

Zancrow Miyazaki wrote:
I think a good plot to focus on could be that the current IC world is just reeling from a Shinobi World War. Tensions are still there and X-gakure no Sato is the victorious village. Could lead into other things like the formation of the Akatsuki at some later point, idk

Sounds pretty fun to me o:
Back to top Go down
Sh1nsui

Story/Plot YiM50Vl

Story/Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story/Plot   Story/Plot Empty7th January 2018, 6:49 am

I think whatever the plot is that there should be permanently devoted NPC's, controlled by whoever wants to apply for one. And by one i actually mean one, like there should be a rule of this player is only allowed to have one character and it is that NPC character, so the plot is constantly evolving and progressing. I would certainly apply for a NPC. Or a PPC (Plot Playable Character lol, jk don't use that). These people don't have to be huge, they can range anything from being the mother of dragons, or the evil queen having incest sex with her brother, to the dwarf that no one but the viewers like, or that bold fat guy that has no penis but ends up swinging the entire plot his way the entire time. (Shout out to my game of thrones fans). These plot NPC's can not be influenced by staff, however they should mainly interact with the plot itself(not all the time, just mainly). They don't have plot armor, they are not treated any differently, and killing one won't do you any favors outside of the norm. Like if it is a ronin with a bounty, sure you get that bounty, but if it'a just the fat bold guy then i'm sorry for you, you just get an OOC reputation.
Back to top Go down
Nisshoku

Story/Plot K22nFUP
Nisshoku

Story/Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story/Plot   Story/Plot Empty7th January 2018, 12:53 pm

Murderous Nero wrote:
Plot would be nice to do as missions or events; it would be nice to have two types of plot village and world plots.

That would be nice to have two types of plots world & Village. World plot will include everyone and village would only include people from there own village unless a member of another village in inside the village with the plot then they can also be part of the plot, this would be nice for several reasons this is a good way to give characters tittles so if a ninja from another village is within the village with the even/plot and the ninja from the other village ends up defending the threat or helping greatly this could lead to village allies and other stuff that I can't exactly put into words at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Story/Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story/Plot   Story/Plot Empty

Back to top Go down

Story/Plot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Social Board :: General Discussion-
Jump to: